Wednesday, September 30, 2009

el loco


A tarot card might seem like a strange thing to post here where I’m supposedly examining landscape architecture practice, but this card has today summed it all up. The Fool is for being "liberated by free will and trust, which lead [one] to explore simple speculations for their own sake. I don't know where I'm going, and I don't care where I've been. I only know that, as the hero of my own story, it's for me to find out. For, like Alice, I'm on the verge of stepping into a rabbit hole; unless I stop short and play it safe, I'll know soon enough where following my own feet has landed me on this curious venture."
It's true, it's true it's true! This is just how this exercise is going at the moment. I'm not sure how I'm going to practice or exactly what I want to achieve in any sphere right now, and that does make me feel like a bit of a fool, especially in the university system. Nonetheless I am completely happy with my process, a carefree wander, a
dérive, if you like. It's an exploration taking me to places I would otherwise have bypassed unnoticed and I feel pretty safe in the knowledge that sooner or later I am going to get where I’m going, wherever that is.


In regards to "expanded field" I am glad I had to go look that up for myself, because it gave words to what I was on the verge of doing. Without the words for this I just couldn't get into it.


Expanded Practice Offers Greater Choice For Dental Patients In Williton


Somerset people living in the Williton area now have a wider choice when it comes to choosing an NHS dentist.

The Stoneleigh House Dental Practice, based in High Street, has recently undergone major improvements and expanded so that alongside Dr. Andre Louw there are now three other dentists working part time.

The practice opened its doors to the public some weeks ago, but the formal opening was held last Wednesday, May 6th.


It’s a great relief.If only I lived in Williton it would all make sense.


The fool asks you not to take yourself too seriously - and that has got to be the best advice to me, ever, who is far, far too serious. (Just ask anyone who’s ever played scrabble with me!)

To talk about my practice today in tutorial, as usual I made a pretty good job of avoiding the issue. I’m not finding it easy to be clear about what it is.

Should I ask myself the hard questions... or just carry on following my nose for a little while longer...?


No comments:

Post a Comment